As a retailer, wouldn’t you like to know how many people walk or drive by your store every day? And how many of them came through your doors? And then where did they go in the store? Right now point of sale systems can give you reports on what was actually sold, but what if you could go back a few steps and understand how your customer decided to purchase what they did? Then you could make adjustments to advertising, store layout or prices to maximize interest in your products and maximize sales opportunities.
- Car and pedestrian traffic patterns outside of your storefront.
- Hot and cold spots of customer traffic inside your store.
- Trends in traffic based on the time of day, the day of the week, the season or even the weather.
- What should the store hours be based on the available pool of potential customers?
- How many staff members should be working to meet demand based on predicted traffic?
- Are advertising campaigns bringing in more customers than before?
- Has a display stopped drawing enough attention and needs to be replaced?
- Are customers paying a lot of attention to a display but not buying?
- … and many more!